Craftcation Workshop Proposal Information
HELLO! We’re excited to receive and review your Workshop Proposal(s). Here is some info that will help you get through this process.
Please read each section of the workshop basics below, even if you are a returning presenter, as some things may have changed from what you may know from the past.
Use the teal button at the bottom of this page to access the Proposal Form.
- CRAFT WORKSHOPS: These are workshops where attendees create something. (Supply information below)
- PANELS: These are business discussions with a moderator and three or more panelists selected by our team. If you have a panel idea, please use the proposal submission form to submit your idea.
- LECTURES: Business classes that you present solo, usually on a niche subject that highlights your expertise. (ex: Photoshop 101, Grow your Email List, Selling on Etsy)
- SPECIAL EVENTS: These consist of tours, off-site workshops, get-togethers. (Some examples we’ve seen in the past: Walking photo tour of Ventura, Beachside Watercolor, Crochet and Crafting at a local brewery)
- OFFICE HOURS: This is your chance to meet with attendees one-on-one to answer questions based on your expertise. Office hours are offered in 1-3 hour blocks of time divided into 10-20 minute one-on-one sessions (blocks and increments are up to you). These are optional but are a great way for you to build your client base in an intimate setting. These sessions are limited and given to presenters on a first come first serve basis.
workshop DURATION and TIme blocks:
Morning workshops are from 9:00am – 11:00am
Afternoon workshops are from 1:00pm – 3:00pm and 3:30pm – 5:30pm*.
*Workshop times may vary on Wednesday and Sunday.
All workshops are at least two hours long (one time block). Most craft workshops and ALL business workshops will be two hours (one time block). Four hour workshops are reserved for advanced or complex techniques and are broken up into two time blocks. (These time blocks may or may not be on the same day.)
number of workshops:
Presenters are committed to teaching at least three workshops, no matter the format. It is best to submit multiple workshop ideas in the event that another presenter submits the same or similar idea or workshop topic. It helps if the DHL Team has multiple workshops to choose from. We will often repeat the same craft workshop (but business workshops will only be offered once). Each workshop you teach (even if it’s a repeat) counts towards your workshop total.
YOU MUST submit one proposal form for EACH workshop you are proposing.
FOR BUSINESS WORKSHOPS ONLY:
FOR CRAFT WORKSHOPS ONLY:
SUPPLIES: For beginner and intermediate level classes, supplies should be fairly simple. We have basic equipment in our inventory like scissors, sewing machines, rulers, cutters, etc. Anything outside of that, let us know what you need and we’ll work with a sponsor to get it. When you list your supplies you will need to INCLUDE EVERYTHING! Don’t assume the room will have pencils or scissors, if you don’t list it, we won’t have it.
*PLEASE NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO SUBMIT ONE FORM FOR EACH WORKSHOP.
HELP! I HAVE A QUESTION THAT WASN'T ANSWERED ABOVE OR ON THE FORM.
Use this form to send a question directly to Katie Mac.
She’ll get back to you ASAP with an answer to your question.