Craftcation Workshop Proposal Information
HELLO! We’re excited to receive and review your Workshop Proposal(s). To get you started, let me cover just a few pieces of info that will help you get through this process.
Please read each section of the workshop basics below, even if you are a returning presenter, as the 2023 Conference format has changed a bit from what you may know from the past.
Scroll down to the bottom of this form to access the 2023 Workshop Proposal Form.
- HANDS-ON CRAFT WORKSHOPS: These are workshops where attendees actually craft something that they will take home with them. (Supply information below)
- PANELS: These are business discussions with a moderator and three or more panelists selected by our team. If you have a panel idea, please use the proposal submission form to submit your idea.
- LECTURES: Business classes you present solo, usually on a niche subject that you are an expert in. (ex: Photoshop 101, Grow your Email List, Selling on Etsy)
- SPECIAL EVENTS: These consist of tours, off-site workshops, get-togethers. (Some examples we’ve seen in the past: Walking photo tour of Ventura, Beachside Watercolor, Crochet and Crafting at a local brewery)
- OFFICE HOURS (THESE ARE RESERVED USING A SEPARATE SUBMISSION PROCESS. WE’LL REACH OUT WHEN THAT FORM IS OPEN AND READY): This is your chance to meet with attendees one-on-one to answer questions based on your expertise. Office hours are offered in 1-3 hour blocks of time divided into 10-20 minute one-on-one sessions (blocks and increments are up to you). These are optional but are a great way for you to build your client base in an intimate setting. These sessions are limited and given to presenters on a first come first serve basis.
workshop DURATION and TIme blocks:
Morning workshops are from 9:30am – 11:30am
Afternoon workshops are from 1:00pm – 3:00pm and 3:30pm – 5:30pm.
FOR BUSINESS WORKSHOPS ONLY:
FOR CRAFT WORKSHOPS ONLY:
SUPPLIES: For beginner and intermediate level classes, supplies should be fairly simple. We have basic equipment in our inventory like scissors, sewing machines, rulers, cutters, etc. Anything outside of that, let us know what you need and we’ll work with a sponsor to get it. When you list your supplies you will need to INCLUDE EVERYTHING! Don’t assume the room will have pencils or scissors, if you don’t list it, we won’t have it.