THERE IS A LOT OF INFO BELOW BUT IT'S ALL MEANT TO HELP YOUR UNDERSTAND YOUR DUTIES AND TO MAKE YOUR JOB AS EASY AS POSSIBLE. PLEASE READ ALL THE INFO BELOW IN FULL!
First thing first.... The Ambassador Duties
AS ALUMNI, YOU UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT OUR COMMUNITY IS TO US.
Craftcation can be overwhelming to first time attendees, but they aren’t the only ones who might need a friendly face. We receive a lot of introverted, quiet and neurodivergent attendees who may be too shy to start up conversations or meet new people on their own. As an Ambassador, we ask that you keep an eye out for anyone who looks like they could use some help. This could mean answering questions, directing traffic, offering support, introducing first time attendees to new friends, being available to presenters in workshops if you see they need help with something, etc.
We want all of our attendees to feel welcomed and supported. As a result, Craftcation Ambassador responsibilities will now include tasks before, during and after the conference. We’ve outlined the requirements of this revised role below.
Think of yourself as a Craftcation “Camp Counselor”. Let’s be the people that help nurture and grow this community while we’re at the conference just like we do online before and after the conference.
PRIOR TO THE CONFERENCE (september - april)
- Post about Craftcation on your most engaged social media accounts, newsletter and/or blog on specified days during our promotional time period. To make it even easier, we have put together sample posts, images, hashtags and links.
- Sharing posts from the official Craftcation Facebook Event Page, Dear Handmade Life Facebook page and Dear Handmade Life Instagram that include announcements and conference information to help with exposure and social media traffic.
while at the conference (april 19-23, 2023)
At least two social media posts per day tagging sponsors, presenters and Dear Handmade Life. More information will be included in our Ambassador Onboarding Information you will receive as we get closer to the event.
- We will select one or two ambassadors to create an Instagram reel of their Craftcation experience. This package will capture a day in the life of a conference go-er. The reel will need to be very involved and informative showing the conference environment, our amazing community and the range of workshops, panels and events you participate in throughout our 4 days together.*
- Be on call to volunteer at special events. This could mean assisting a presenter during a workshop you’re attending, decorating for Iron Craft or the dance party, cleaning up after an event, etc.
- Provide photos of your swag bag and its contents. We will include a list of MUST HAVE pictures and specific sponsors to tag as we get closer to the conference. This photo can also be submitted to us to share on our social media with your permission.
- Attend welcome meeting with Katie Mac where we go over the game plan, answer questions, receive Ambassador goodie bags and review responsibilities.
*This task is not required for acceptance into the Ambassador program. You can opt in or out of this opportunity in the application below.
after the conference (april - may)
- Email us any recaps or thoughts/feelings about the conference. This can be in the form of a blog post, social media post or by simply sending us an email with your feedback.
- We value your opinion and are always looking for ways to improve the overall conference experience. In addition to our post-conference alumni survey, this year we will be sending a longer and more in-depth Ambassador survey. This is another way for you to relay to us your thoughts, feelings, feedback, critiques, etc.
And now let's talk about the perks!
Ambassador Registrations opens before even our Alumni get to register. This ensures that you are able to confirm your attendance before tickets sell out, which as you know, we always do. PLUS! Ambassadors receive the lowest registration rate of any other attendee!
Affiliates receive 10% of the ticket price for every attendee referred with your custom affiliate link (this will be provided to you once you register for this program). This means that for every attendee that signs up using your custom link – depending on which ticket they purchase – you’ll receive between $54 – $72 PER TICKET! But remember, you will only receive affiliate commission when someone signs up using your custom affiliate link!
To make it easier to share, we recommend using a link shortening site like bit.ly to create an easy to remember link. For example: http://bit.ly/cc20katiemac. Bit.ly is free to use and makes it so simple to share your link with others, write it down quickly in conversation, include in Insta captions since they aren’t clickable, etc.
After Craftcation (usually about three weeks), we will disperse commission payments to the account of your preference (Paypal, Venmo, etc.)
bonus stuff in the goodie bag
In addition to the tons of amazing products, samples, offers included in the regular goodie bag distributed to all atttendees at check-in, Ambassadors get a whole slew of other stuff, too!