Craftcation Workshop Proposal Information
HELLO! We’re excited to receive and review your Workshop Proposal(s). To get you started, let me cover just a few pieces of info that will help you get through this process.
Please read each section of the workshop basics below, even if you are a returning presenter, as the 2023 Conference format has changed a bit from what you may know from the past.
Scroll down to the bottom of this page to access the 2024 Workshop Proposal Form.
- HANDS-ON CRAFT WORKSHOPS: These are structured curriculum workshops where attendees complete a craft project. These projects usually require the full 2-hour time block to complete and require enrollment.
- CASUAL CRAFT: These are less structured have the opportunity to try a new activity on a walk-in basis. These projects are generally less difficult and take less time than a hands-on craft workshop. These projects do NOT require enrollment.
- MAKE & TAKES: These sessions normally take place after hours and are open on a come and go basis with no enrollment required. These projects generally take less than 20 mins.
- PANELS: These are generally business discussions with a moderator and three or more panelists selected by our team.
- LECTURES: Business classes you present solo, usually on a niche subject that you are an expert in. These sessions are given a 2-hour time block and do NOT require enrollment. (ex: Photoshop 101, Grow your Email List, Selling on Etsy)
- THINK TANKS: Roundtable-style small groups of no more than 20 people centered around a specific topic to receive feedback or commiserate on a subject. (ex: Shop owner meetup, website critiques, self-care discussions)
- SPECIAL EVENTS: These consist of tours, off-site workshops, get-togethers. (Some examples we’ve seen in the past: Walking photo tour of Ventura, Beachside Watercolor, Crochet and Crafting at a local brewery) These sessions are given a 2-hour time block and require enrollment.
workshop DURATION and TIme blocks:
Morning workshops are from 9:30am – 11:30am
Afternoon workshops are from 1:00pm – 3:00pm and 3:30pm – 5:30pm.
FOR BUSINESS WORKSHOPS ONLY:
Please take into account that attendees will be at various levels with their businesses but most will be in year 2-5. We aim to present intermediate and advanced business education. Please plan on a Q & A session during your 2-hour workshop slot. Feel free to get creative and have breakout groups to put principles into practice if that fits your topic.
FOR CRAFT WORKSHOPS ONLY:
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY: Our attendees come with a varying range of skills and a deep desire to learn, learn, learn. Workshop levels can be beginner, intermediate or advanced.
SUPPLIES: For beginner and intermediate level classes, supplies should be fairly simple. We have basic equipment in our inventory like scissors, sewing machines, rulers, cutters, etc. Anything outside of that, let us know what you need and we’ll work with a sponsor to get it. When you list your supplies you will need to INCLUDE EVERYTHING! Don’t assume the room will have pencils or scissors, if you don’t list it, we won’t have it.