All over the world, communities are rallying together to support medical personnel and frontline workers in the battle against COVID-19. Sewists and crafters are uniting to share their crafty gifts with the world by creating handmade face masks. We’ve pulled together a list of tutorials for you to give it a go. All you need is a sewing machine, fabric scraps and some basic sewing tools and you’re ready to go!
DIY FABRIC FACE MASKS TUTORIALS:
Craft Passion shared this awesome tutorial that includes a nose wire and the option to use head straps instead of elastic.
Craftcation 2019 sponsor, Missouri Quilt Company is sharing two different mask patterns AND a scrub cap tutorial!
Our friend and multi-year Craftcation presenter Vickie Howell put together a mask making round-up on her blog featuring multiple variations!
The Craft Patch has put together a colorful tutorial as well. Look at that fun fabric!
The Spoonflower Welcome Pack includes a set of tools and basic information to get newcomers started using Spoonflower and provides inspirational projects:
- $25 in credit at Spoonflower.com.
- A Spoonflower Sample Pack with samples of all the fabrics and materials we offer fo printing, including wallpaper!
- A copy of The Spoonflower Handbook: A DIY Guide to Designing Fabric, Wallpaper & Gift Wrap with 30+ Projects. Our very first book puts surface design for fabric, wallpaper and gift wrap well within the reach of creative people everywhere. The Spoonflower Handbook is an essential step-by-step user’s manual and project collection for this booming new creative outlet. The Spoonflower Handbook is an essential step-by-step user’s manual and project collection for this booming new creative outlet.
- A copy of The Quick-Sew Project Book: In this book, sewing fans will find a variety of new and stylish projects designed with your fabric stash in mind.
- Spoonflower Swag: notebook, sticker, pencil.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED. THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ENTERED.
Tell us one way you’ve seen an outpouring of love and support in your community! Is it a tiny library filled with games and books? Is it a neighbor bringing over baked goodies? Or maybe a local business donating a percentage of sales to a food bank? Leave your comment below before Friday, May 8, 2020. Bonus entries can be made on our post on Instagram here. Tag a friend if you think they’d be interested in participating.
Instagram is not affiliated with this giveaway.
*Be sure to leave your email address in your profile so we can contact you if you win!