Take the next big step in your business and get results!
Hi I’m Nicole! I’m the CEO, Creative Director and co-founder of Dear Handmade Life, Craftcation Conference, and Patchwork Show!
I live and breathe creative small businesses. I’ve been running my own small businesses for nearly 20 years. (If you’re interested in the nitty gritty and my experience, hop down to the bottom of the page!)
I know how hard you work, and I know that you’re swimming in a sea of content telling you how to run your small business. And I also know that you’re struggling with what works and what’s a waste of time.
I’m not going to tell you to “jump and the net will appear.” (Please, do not ever jump unless you have a net!) Instead, I’m going to show you how to build that net!
During our time together, I’ll guide you through defining and building the net that will catch you so you can take the next big steps you’ve been dreaming about. And that net? It’s going to help you develop a business that runs itself – not runs you. We’ll work together to create solutions so you’re moving forward every day towards attaining your goals and dreams.
Together we will:
- Define your next steps in your business to take it to the next level.
- Layout your goals and outline how you can not only be accountable but strategic as well.
- Discuss calculated tactics to grow your business. (That means we’re going to get rid of what’s not working and wasting your time too!)
- Organize and systematize your business for maximum productivity and success.
- Create realistic to-do lists that you’ll actually be checking things off of!
- Rekindle your passion for your business.
“I’ve been running my art business for six years in a sort of “fly by the seat of my pants” manner and felt ready to be more intentional in shaping the future of my business. I contacted Nicole after bingeing on her amazingly educational podcast, “Dear Handmade Life“. Throughout our consultation it was obvious that Nicole had really gotten to know my work and my business – she looked at everything that I had put out into the world, on social media and my websites along with the information that she had gathered from our pre-consult email questionnaires – and she worked it!! She had ideas, strategies, answers and most importantly, a naturally caring and helpful sensibility that created a space for my own answers and realizations to emerge along the way. Sometimes you need an objective and experienced voice and a thoughtful conversation with an honest and sharp person to allow questions to form and answers to surface. My two consultations (yes, I went back for more!) were so incredibly helpful and inspiring! Thank you Nicole!!” -Sarah Martinez (Sarah Martinez Art)
Our session includes:
- In the initial consultation inquiry email Nicole will get to know what issues you’re facing in your business.
- Nicole researches your business and issues and sends you customized questions specific to your needs.
- Nicole prepares a detailed presentation that includes answers to your questions, actionable next steps as well as resources to solve your problems.
- You and Nicole meet (over the phone or video chat) for a one-hour mentoring session which includes a review of the presentation as well as brainstorming and answering on the spot questions.
- After the mentoring session, Nicole will send you a copy of the presentation as well as any resources, worksheets or other materials you need to for your next step.
I specialize in:
Strategy, Productivity & Organization – Sales – Marketing & Social Media – Pricing – Creating Multiple Income Streams – Business Growth & Management – Writing & Blogging – Event Production – Content Creation – Selling at and Producing Art and Craft Shows
- You’ll have clear understanding of what next steps you’re taking to truly grow your business.
- You’ll have clarity and confidence
- You’ll have tactics and strategies in place that you can use for months and years to come to grow your business and stop wasting time.
- You’ll have systems in place so your business runs better.
- You’ll have manageable goals and to-do lists and you’ll actually achieve them!
- You’ll be passionate about and believe in your business again!
“Nicole helped me figure out where to begin with my business when I was completely lost and felt paralyzed, not knowing where to start. She sent me questions to consider before our call which set the tone for our conversation. I could tell she cared about helping me and wanted to give me all of the tools I would need to succeed. Nicole took the time to answer my long list of questions, providing solutions for every problem, and gave me the confidence I needed to get out there and start selling my work! She also gave me recommendations for using social media to my advantage and the best way to approach retailers. I especially appreciate the list of resources with books, online workshops, and articles. I feel like I have someone one my side who has been there before and is really rooting for me. Her coaching was invaluable and money very well spent!” -Gay Heit (Heit Ceramics)
I love mentoring other creative business owners through sharing what I’ve learned in the nearly 20 years that I’ve been running my own businesses. I would love to help you too.
Nicole Stevenson is a writer, illustrator, maker, teacher and creative business consultant. Her path includes time as a street artist on the Venice Beach boardwalk, costume designer for Hollywood films, DIY workshop instructor, co-founder of a non-profit that produced art shows benefiting charities, owner and designer of Random Nicole (an art-inspired clothing line carried at over 250 locations) and owner of craft workshop studio and retail store: The Craft Kitchen. Currently she’s the CEO, Creative Director and co-founder at Dear Handmade Life which produces Craftcation Conference and Patchwork Show. She has a BA and MA in creative writing and is currently working on a non-fiction book about her creative adventures. She’s also the founder of Nicole Stevenson Studio, where she creates custom portraits, illustrations, branding and logos, editorial design and custom invitations.
During my 20+ years as a business owner I have:
-Exhibited at 40+ trade shows
-Sold my products at 200+ craft shows
-Had my products carried at 250+ retail stores worldwide
-Co-produced 70+ craft and art shows including Patchwork Show
-Co-produced Craftcation: Business + Makers Conference
-Served as CEO for two six-figure companies
-Served as editorial director for the Dear Handmade Life and guest posted on dozens of influential blogs
-Managed finances including profit and loss, pricing, budgets and accounting
-Received an offer to buy my business from a multinational Fortune 500 company
-Written press releases and designed press kits that resulted in features in 100+ press outlets
-Managed 120,000+ social media fans and newsletter subscribers including content creation and design
-Secured large sponsors like Mailchimp, Scotch, Shopify, CreativeLive, Etsy, Craftsy, Fiskars, Darby Smart and Creativebug for events
-Managed a staff of 10+ employees
-Taught hundreds of in-person craft and business workshops and created & launched three successful online courses including one for CreativeLive
-Owned two brick and mortar shops
-Recorded 70+ podcast episodes
-Received BA and MA degrees
“I can’t say enough good things about my consulting session with Nicole! If you feel completely in the dark about your business idea and you are not sure where to start, her consulting session is the perfect place. If you need someone to help take your scattered ideas and show you how they can eventually come together with actionable steps to bring your project to fruition, you will be so glad you took the consulting session with Nicole.” –Leigh Metcalf (Topstitch Studio and Lounge)