Thank you for your interest in becoming a Craftcation Conference Presenter! If you would like to be considered for a future Craftcation, please use the form at the bottom of this page to tell us about yourself, your teaching history and your workshop idea. If we feel that your workshop would be a good fit for our community, we’ll be in touch with next steps!
For their participation, Craftcation Presenters are offered:
- Full conference registration* including access to over 200 events, workshops and activities (a $675 value)
- An awesome goodie bag filled with treats from our sponsors
- A nightly travel stipend* of $120/night dependent on your number of sessions
- An invitation to join our affiliate program (with an average of $55+ commission per ticket purchased through your custom link)
- The opportunity to showcase your products (stationery, prints, books, craft kits, etc.) in our fully staffed pop-up shop
- Optional participation in our book signing event to meet our attendees
- Connection and networking with fellow creative entrepreneurs and our sponsors
- Promotion through our social media, blog and newsletter to over 100k users and subscribers
- AND, time to enjoy the amazing city of Ventura, CA – a gorgeous, artsy and super fun beach town.
*Compensation is based on hosting/participation in a minimum of 2 sessions (workshops, panels, forums, lectures, events, etc). Travel stipend is offered to presenters who are confirmed for at least 4 total sessions.
WORKSHOP FORMATS AVAILABLE AT CRAFTCATION:
- HANDS-ON CRAFT WORKSHOPS: These are workshops where attendees actually craft something that they will take home with them. These projects usually require the full 2-hour time block to complete.
- CASUAL CRAFTS: These are opportunities for our attendees to try a new activity on a walk-in basis. These projects do require the full 2-hour time block.
- MAKE & TAKES: These sessions normally take place after hours and are open on a come and go basis with no sign-up required and projects generally take less than 20 mins.
- PANELS: These are business discussions with a moderator and three or more panelists selected by our team. If you have a panel idea, please use the proposal submission form to submit your idea.
- LECTURES: Business classes you present solo, usually on a niche subject that you are an expert in. (ex: Photoshop 101, Grow your Email List, Selling on Etsy)
- THINK TANKS: Roundtable-style small groups of no more than 20 people centered around a specific topic to receive feedback or commiserate on a subject. (ex: Shop owner meetup, website critiques, self-care discussions)
- SPECIAL EVENTS: These consist of tours, off-site workshops, get-togethers. (Some examples we’ve seen in the past: Walking photo tour of Ventura, Beachside Watercolor, Crochet and Crafting at a local brewery)
- OFFICE HOURS: (Does not require proposal but is an offering for all Craftcation presenters.) This is your chance to meet with attendees one-on-one to answer questions based on your expertise. Office hours are usually 10-20 minute one-on-one sessions (blocks and increments are up to you). These are optional but are a great way for you to build your client base in an intimate setting.
WORKSHOP AND PRESENTER POSITIONS ARE NOW FULL FOR CRAFTCATION 2023
Feel free to use the form below to tell us about yourself and your workshop ideas. Your submission will be added to our database for a future opportunity. Also, if a cancelation occurs for 2023 and we feel your idea is a good fit, we will be in touch!
Should you have any questions about a previous submission, feel free to email us!
PLEASE USE THE BUTTONS BELOW TO TELL US ABOUT YOU AND YOUR WORKSHOP IDEAS.
We want to get to know you! Tell us about you, your skillsets and your teaching experience.
NOTE: Workshop ideas submitted without presenter form will not be accepted.