We kicked off our Fall season of Patchwork Shows last Sunday in Old Town Tustin, CA and what a fantastic first show it was! The day welcomed us with bright blue skies and balmy temps in the low 70s; a perfect combination to shop our nearly 100 local makers and artisans, stop by the fun DIY stations scattered throughout the event, and meet up with friends and family for a bite to eat at one of our yummy food trucks. Folks seemed to especially like to rally around our Junior section where kids under 18 have space to set up booths and partake in selling their own wares. There were bubbles magically floating around the show, kids and adults happily chattered down the aisles with their faces festively painted by Mama Mia’s Face Painting or carrying a delectable funnel cake ice cream creation from Drizzle, the Funnel Cake Truck (my personal favorite was the Horchata Funnel cake with graham crumbs and a caramel drizzle… YUM!). People were laughing, sharing their stories of creativity with the community and the vibe was pure supportive SoCal at its best.
We welcomed back Front Porch Foods serving up popsicles and lemonade, Pizzini Food Truck serving up burgers with an Italian twist, Salt N Pepper food truck with their dogs, brauts, and loaded fries, and Baby’s Burgers giving us those mouth watering gourmet burgers.
Here is the list of all the DIY fun we had:
- Origami flapping bird with Astro Bunny Lab
- Hand-painted bath bombs with Kindred Soaps
- Collage greeting cards with Akcara Studios
- Create a henna design with Mystic Henna
- Make a No-Sew Rag Doll with Vintage Renewals
- Learn how to handweave on a loom with the Southern California Handweavers Guild
- Loose leaf incense blends and oracle readings with Soul SiSTAR Mystique | Aromachaura
- Positive Pin Pressing with Inner Peach
- Make a sparkly air plant holder with Falcon and Finch
- Paint a seasonal plant pot with Ixtlahuac Marigold Art
- DIY stamp bracelet with HalloJAK
- Paper Christmas light garland with Montessori Mama
- Holiday gift tags with Oh Hello Friend
We’ll see you at the next stop in Long Beach, CA!
Happy Day, Go Slay~
P.S. – You can find even more photos from the show here.