This week on the Dear Handmade Life podcast we share our recipe for a Bees Knees Cocktail and talk to director/curator/artist/teacher David Michael Lee about whether creatives need to define themselves, how they define themselves and what those definitions mean. The language we use to talk about who we are and what we do is adapting as the creative movement grows and more people are turning their creativity into businesses. We’ll also talk about how to support the arts when you’re on a budget, what it takes to make a living in the arts and how to break down stereotypes in the art world.
-Delilah + Nicole
Have a suggestion for a drink, topic or guest you’d love to see featured on our the Dear Handmade Life podcast? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
Click the play button below to listen or click here to listen or subscribe on iTunes.
- ¼ cup of hot water
- 1 teaspoon of dried lavender blossoms
- ¼ cup of honey
- 6 tablespoons of gin
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- pomegranate juice to taste
- Mix hot water and dried lavender in bowl. Let steep 5 minutes.
- Whisk in ¼ cup of honey.
- Strain into another bowl (or don't it's up to you if you want whole lavender pieces in your drink).
- Add 3 tablespoons of the honey syrup, gin, and lemon juice.
- Strain into cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into 2 chilled glasses.
- *You can also make a large batch and serve it from a punch bowl or jar. I used the same process and ingredients but eyeballed the amounts to fill the large pitcher and also added pomegranate juice.