In 2016, I took a leap, a chance on myself. I attended Craftcation: Business & Makers Conference for the very first time. I traveled alone from one coast to the other and spent the better part of a week away from my husband and our two kids. I (virtually) met my four roommates (yes, four!) in the Craftcation Online Alumni Community and we met face to face when we all checked in at the conference. Needless to say, we didn’t stay strangers for long.
At the time, I was a maker struggling to find my way. I knew what I wanted to make, but that was about it. I couldn’t make the connection from maker to entrepreneur. Not on my own anyway. But that’s where Craftcation came in and took the lead. I planned my entire schedule to accommodate exactly where I needed the most help in my business sprinkled with fun stuff like block printing and leather stamping. I met two of my favorite experts in the maker industry, Lela Barker and Emily McDowell. And, I forged friendships that have lasted to this day. And now, by some sort of mystic voodoo, I get to be a member of the Dear Handmade Life team and work alongside Nicole to plan these amazing events.
Craftcation is so much more than a conference. It’s a family reunion. A homecoming. A summer camp for grown ass women. We craft, we learn, we laugh. We support, we inspire, we encourage. We love, we lift and then we go home and make plans to do it all over again.
The nest Craftcation in April 2020 is right around the corner. Don’t miss out on your chance to spend these four life-changing days with us. On April 15th, 2020 we’ll descend upon Ventura, CA – glue guns at the ready. JOIN US!
Craftcation registration opens today October 15, 2019 at 9:00am PT and the first 50 people to register get $50 OFF!
WE BELIEVE IN… purpose, authenticity, connection and creativity.
WE BELIEVE THAT PURPOSE AND PASSION ARE POSSIBLE – TOGETHER.
WE BELIEVE IN THE MAGIC OF MAKING, WHETHER YOU’RE A LIFELONG CRAFTER OR SEARCHING TO FIND YOUR INNER ARTIST.
WE PRIDE OURSELVES ON CULTIVATING A DIVERSE, INCLUSIVE AND ACCEPTING COMMUNITY THAT WORKS TOGETHER AND SUPPORTS EACH OTHER LONG AFTER THE CONFERENCE ENDS.
WE BELIEVE THE MAGIC IS FOUND OUTSIDE OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE.
– CLARISSA got the confidence and skills she needed to write a book and landed a publishing deal.
– MICHELLE learned the steps she needed to take to get her work in front of the right editors.
– LISA started producing a handmade food and craft market.
– KELLY’S 15-minute office hours session at Craftcation led to a full retail craft kit line, three retail stores in Seattle carrying her line of kits and 16 new buyers signing up for consideration of carrying her line at the holidays.
– TRACI built her community and confidence and was finally able to yell from the mountain tops, “I AM AN ARTIST!”
– LORI got the confidence and motivation and community to keep doing what she loves.
– MERI found the courage to change her career to her true passion –– helping fellow creatives.
– JENNIFER met other bloggers, built her support system and connected with brand representatives.
– CHRISTY expanded her retail space and got the confidence to submit some speaking proposals because she realized that she really DOES know what she’s doing.
– SOPHIA met *her people* and became secure in her identity as a maker.
WE’VE PULLED TOGETHER SOME BLOG POSTS FROM THE ARCHIVES TO HELP YOU GET READY FOR WHAT’S SURE TO BE A THRILLING, INSPIRING AND MOTIVATING FOUR DAYS!